Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Lonely Kicker

Welcome to my world. The world of sports and conditioning. Where I do track, but excel in a field event. Where I play football.

Football. In the rest of the world, football is played with a ball at your feet. Hence the name. Here in the USA, it's played with your hands.

Unless you're the kicker.

Which I am.

I am a sophomore. This surprises a lot of my teammates due to the fact that I beat every single one of them in kicking.

I am everything, but the punter. And--so I've been told--the future, because I can kick five field goals in a row.

Surprising, since everyone wants to kill me when I miss one and they have to do push-ups.

I don't credit myself as the best kicker at Westland, I just try to get things done when needed.

And it looks like I'll be doing that a lot this year, under the lights, on Friday nights.

My team is still trying to find a back-up kicker in case I get hurt. I just let them try and I often laugh. For two reasons:
1. I don't plan to get hurt since I am the kicker and no one is allowed to tackle me.
2. While everyone else enjoys using their hands, I love to play the right way, with my feet. And unless you play soccer or are the kicker, you wouldn't understand.


© 2013 Isaiah P. Henn, all rights reserved. 
Copyright notice: All content, including writings, artwork, photographs, or videos, posted on this blog is original to Isaiah Henn and the HennHouse unless otherwise stated and may not be reproduced without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! By posting content to this blog, you agree to transfer copyright of your comments to the blog owner.