Sunday, August 25, 2013

Late Bloomer

According to the laws of my family, I have been pronounced "a late bloomer."

Why, you ask? I will tell you why. "I'm tired of driving. If only you had your driver’s license, Isaiah. I’d let you drive."

Yes, that’s right. I don’t have my license yet. And my mom hasn't let me forget about that either. I'm saving up enough money to pay for driver’s ed. Let's just say that it would be a lot easier for mom and me, if I got my license.

Oh, and another thing, it's really horrifying if I haven't had my first kiss yet.

Mom: So, Isaiah, have you had your first kiss yet?

Me: Uh, no.

Mom: What, why not? I had my first kiss when I was fourteen. When did you have yours, Tim?

Dad: I had my first kiss when I was twelve.

Because that's normal, right?

Me: I am waiting for the right person.

Mom: Well, that's okay because the longer you wait, the more special it will be.

Glad we got that one figured out. Yet, I will always be a late bloomer in the eyes of my sister.

"Hey, Isaiah. Did you know that Micropachycephalosauruses were very tiny?"

I stared at her blankly.

"Esther-Faith, what in the world are Micropachycephalosauruses?"

She gave me an equally striking look.

"They’re dinosaurs, duh!"

Oh. I guess I should have known that.

Well I know my goals for this year. I better start working on them soon. I really need to learn my dinosaurs.


© 2013 Isaiah P. Henn, all rights reserved. 
Copyright notice: All content, including writings, artwork, photographs, or videos, posted on this blog is original to Isaiah Henn and the HennHouse unless otherwise stated and may not be reproduced without permission.

1 comment:

  1. My first kiss was at age 16. I'm not sure it really counts, though. It was my first kiss with a boy, but it was in a school play so not a "romantic" kiss. My first "romantic" kiss was when I was seventeen. You do remember your first kiss (as, obviously, your Mom and Dad do), so it should be very special. Mine was just a quick peck, but I still wish I'd waited until that kiss was with someone special. Instead I just wanted to "get it over with" and let a fellow student kiss me at a school party. As I've grown older and more mature, I've realized that I should do things when I think it's right, and when I'm ready, not when someone else thinks it's the right time. Please do things when YOU are ready, Isaiah - not on someone else's schedule. I think that you should be busy with school, and sports, and friends right now - there's plenty of time for the romance later, really!

    And I think it's extremely admirable that you are saving up to pay for driver's ed. I didn't get my license until I was 23. I was working and could pay for my own (second-hand) car, and the insurance I'd need, and the gasoline. You've probably heard others say this, but it really does make you proud, and give you some extra respect for yourself, when you earn things, in addition to appreciating them all that much more.

    Keep up the great writing,

    Ann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! By posting content to this blog, you agree to transfer copyright of your comments to the blog owner.